MGS Integrated Programme for Year 3 Intake
Info Session on MGS Integrated Programme for Year 3 Intake
For current Secondary 2 students only.
Date: Saturday, 20 May 2017
Time: 11.00am - 12.30pm
Venue: Kwa Geok Choo Auditorium @ MGS
Note: There are limited parking lots in the school for visitors. You are strongly encouraged to take public transport. Nearest MRT station: King Albert Park (Downtown Line). We seek your understanding in this. Thank you.
Application to Year 3 Integrated Programme Intake in 2018
MGS invites students who are currently in Secondary 2 or its equivalent to apply for admission into Year 3 of the MGS Integrated Programme in 2018.
The MGS IP is a through train programme that leads to the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme at Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) in Year 5 & 6.
How to Apply
Please read the following instructions carefully before you begin your ONLINE application process.
Online application will be available from 20 May 2017 to 2 June 2017(5.00pm).
1) You will need the following information and supporting documents (in softcopy) for upload during the application:
a) Personal ParticularsInclude a passport photo of applicant; JPEG format; not exceeding 2MB in sizeb) Education BackgroundPSLE results, Sec 1 Overall Examinations and current Sec 2 results if available (or any equivalent)c) Parent’s/Guardian’s Particularsd) Personal PortfolioSupporting documents of academic and non-academic awards including Leadership, Values in Action programme, other special talents and contributions to school and community if any.e) Personal StatementProvide a short paragraph about yourself, your interests or what is important to you. How do these make you suitable for the MGS IP you are applying for?f) Teacher’s Evaluation and Recommendation
- Nominate up to 2 teachers in the online portal.
- You will require their email addresses for nomination.
- The system will then send an email to the teachers directly, and request for their recommendation via online submission. No hardcopy is required.
- If you are currently studying in MGS, you do not need to complete this section. We will contact your teachers directly for their evaluation and recommendation.
2) Certified true copies of certificates or testimonials will ONLY be requested for shortlisted applicants.
3) A payment of S$75 is required for the administration and selection test.
This should be in a cheque made payable to:
Methodist Girls’ School
On the reverse side of the cheque, write the following:
Year 3 IP ApplicationApplicant’s nameSecondary School (and class if you are currently in MGS)Birth Certificate No/FIN No.Contact Number
Please mail to:
Year 3 IP ApplicationMethodist Girls’ School11 Blackmore DriveSingapore 599986
9) Click here to start your ONLINE APPLICATION.
4) Application is confirmed ONLY upon completion of online submission AND receipt of the cheque payment by the school.
5) Closing date for BOTH the online submission and cheque payment: FRIDAY, 2 June 2017, 5pm.
6) It is compulsory for all Year 3 IP applicants to take the Higher Ability Selection Test (HAST) on Saturday, 24 June 2017, 8.30am – 12.30pm at the Skyloft.
This skills-based test includes components on Reading Comprehension, Mathematical Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning.
7) Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and be required to write a viewpoint essay in August.
8) The final outcome of the application will be made known in October 2017 after the end of year examinations.