Methodist Girls’ School was founded in 1887 by Sophia Blackmore to establish a school for girls in Singapore. MGS is a full school: the Secondary School was granted independent status in 1989 while the Primary School remains an aided school.
The school motto `To Master, To Grow, To Serve’ sums up the school philosophy. Emphasis is placed on the mastery of what is important in life, such as intellectual, physical and social skills, and the development of morally upright, spiritually and emotionally mature persons who are dedicated to serving the community. The girls are encouraged to excel in academic and sporting endeavours, to give of their best in a nurturing environment. The values of excellence, godliness and love are imparted both formally and informally, through the culture of the school.
With the implementation of the MGS Integrated Programme (IP) in 2013 and the school continues to grow and expand to meet needs of our girls, we are pleased to invite trained and experienced teachers to apply to join the MGS family!
A teacher is expected to undertake at least one CCA and other school duties. Assignment of duties will be according to school needs matched with the teacher’s area of expertise and interests, wherever possible.
Applicants should enjoy the challenge of a dynamic educational landscape where teacher professionals take pride and ownership in designing curriculum to differentiate teaching to meet the needs of students with different abilities and learning preferences. We are looking for individuals who provide authentic learning experiences, engage students through the use of interactive and digital media, hone critical and creative thinking skills and inspire learning for 21st Century students.
We invite applications from those who possess the following;
- Professional Qualifications
- A relevant degree or equivalent and professional teaching qualification
- Good track record of preparing students for the GCE ‘O’ Levels
- Teaching experience in the Gifted Education Programme and/or Integrated Programme
- Teaching experience in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme or the GCE ‘A’ Level Curriculum
- Personal Attributes
- Good track record in current teaching position
- Passionate about education
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
If you can contribute actively to the MGS family, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org